Department of PHYSICS
Yogi Vemana University
Kadapa – 516003
Contact Number :08562-225402
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS
Name of the Department with Address and Contact number :
Year of Establishment :
Details of the faculty members :
|Dr. K. Krishna Reddy||Professor & Head|
|Dr. Y. Nazeer Ahammed||Associate Professor|
|Dr. V. Venkatramu||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. Y. P. Venakata Subbaiah||Assistant Professor|
|Dr. M. Raghavender||Assistant Professor|
Dr.K. Krishna Reddy, Professor in Physics :
- Fellow, The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), New Delhi, India.
- Fellow, Andhra Pradesh (AP) Akademy of Sciences, Hyderabad.
- AP Scientist Award 2007, APCOST, Hyderabad.
- Secretary, Andhra Chapter, Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT).
- Steering Committee Member & Faculty, International school on Atmospheric Radar (ISAR), 2006-2011.
- Young Scientist, International Union of Radio Science (URSI), Lillie, France, 1996.
- Eminent Scientist of the Year-2010, National Environmental Science Academy, New Delhi.
- Scientist, Tenth Scientific Expedition to Antarctica, Nov. 1990- March 1991.
- Bharat Jyoti Award-2010, India International Friendship Society, New Delhi.
- Top 100 Educator-2010, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Outstanding Intellectuals of the 21st Century-2011, International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Best Citizen of India-2010, International Publishing House, New Delhi.
- Member, Academic Advisory Committee for Centre for Atmospheric Sciences and Weather modification Technologies, JNTU, Hyderabad.
- Visiting Scientist/Guest Faculty at National Central University, Taiwan since 1997 – Atmospheric Radar Technology/meteorology and its application for weather and climate.
- Faculty member, School on Atmospheric Science, Indian Institute of Technology, IIT-Madras, Chennai.
- Life Member, India Meteorological Society (IMS), Chennai Chapter.
- Life Member, National Environmental Sience Academy, New Delhi.
- Technical Committee member for Cloud seeding operation by Jawaharlal Technological University (JNTU), Hyderabad.
- Faculty member, Winter school on Atmospheric Radar and Lidar, Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati and National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki.
- Gold Medal Awarded for the best research paper at the National Space Science Symposium, Physical Research Laboratory, Ahemdabad, 1992.
Dr. Y. Nazeer Ahammed, Associate Professor in Physics :
- Member of “First Winter Phase Indian Arctic Expedition” during 2nd – 31st March, 2008 (29 days) at Ny-Alesund, Arctic and conducted Atmospheric Science Experiments.
- Member of “Second Phase Summer Indian Arctic Expedition” during 30th July-30th August, 2008 (32 days) at Ny-Alesund, Arctic and conducted Atmospheric Science Experiments.
Dr. V. Venkatramu, Assistant Professor in Physics :
- DAE Research Young Scientist Award from Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Department of Atomic Energy (DAE), Govt. of India (2011).
- Guest Scientist/Visiting Scientist, University of La Laguna, SPAIN (May-June 2008, 2009, 2010).
- Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Verona, Verona, ITALY (June 2006-June 2007).
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India (2006).
Dr. Y.P. Venkata Subbaiah, Assistant Professor in Physics :
- Young Scientist Award from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India.
- Selected as ‘Experienced Researcher’ in Marie Curie Research Training Programme, UNINOVA, PORTUGAL.
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Sungkyunkwan University, South Korea.
- ‘NRE – JRF’ by Ministry of Non-conventional Energy Sources, Govt. of India, New Delhi, INDIA.
Dr. M. Raghavender, Assistant Professor in Physics:
- Dr. K. V. Rao Young Scientist Award 2007 (Winner) for the year 2007 in Physics.
- Young Scientist Fellowship Award 2006: Selected for Andhra Pradesh State Council Science and Technology (APCOST) Young Scientist Fellowship Award for the year 2006.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) from Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), Govt. of India. (2006).
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) in DRDO sponsored research project. (2004 - 2005).
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) in DRDO sponsored research project. (2002 - 2004).
Projects Under taken :
- Dr. K.Krishna Reddy, Co-ordinator, Project Title: “Semi-arid-zonal Atmospheric Research Centre (SARC)” Sponsoring Agency is Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) the duration period 10 years Aug. 2008 to July.2018 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 5 Crores.
- Dr. K.Krishna Reddy, Principal Investigator, Project Title: “Severe Thunderstorm Observational – Regional Modeling (STORM)” Sponsoring Agency is Ministry of Earth Sciences (MoES) the duration period 5 years April 2009 to Mar. 2014 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 1.2 Crores.
- Dr. K.Krishna Reddy, Principal Investigator, Project Title: “Operation and Maintenance of 19-Village Information Systems over Kadapa and Nellore” Sponsoring Agency is Andhra Pradesh State Council of Science & Technology (APCOST) the duration period 2 Years Oct. 2009 to Mar. 2012 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 34.72 Lakhs.
- Dr. Y. Nazeer Ahammed, Principal Investigator, Project Title: “Radiative forcing due to regional atmospheric aerosols at Kadapa, Andhra Pradesh” Sponsoring Agency is Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) the duration period 2010-2013 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) 60.14 Lakhs.
- Dr. V. Venkatramu, Principal Investigator, Project Title: “Optimization of structural and luminescence properties of Ln3+/Yb3+- doped Lu3Ga5O12 nanocrystalline garnets for the development of light emitting devices”. Project Sanction No. 2010/20/34/5/BRNS, Sponsoring Agency is Board of Research in Nuclear Sciences (BRNS), Mumbai. The duration period: 2010-2013, Total outlay of the Project (Rs.): 14,90,000.
- Dr. V. Venkatramu, Member, Project Title: “Optical Properties of Rare-earth ions in Solids at High pressure”. Indo-Spain International Collaborative Project Sanction No: PCI2006-A7-0638, Sponsoring Agency is Ministry of Science and Innovation (MICINN), Spain. The duration period: 2008-2011, Total outlay of the Project (Euro): 27,000.
- Dr.Y.P.Venkata Subbaiah, Principal Investigator, Project Title: “Development of low-cost and environmentally benign absorber material for heterojunction solar cells” Sponsoring Agency is Department of Science & Technology (DST) Fast Track Young Scientist Scheme the duration period 2009-2012 Total Outlay of the Projects (Rs.) Rs. 20 Lakhs.
Details of Medals received by the students:
Prestigious DST’s INSPIRE Fellowship to the First Rank Student for the Academic Year 2008-10 to pursue Ph.D. degree.
Number of Research Scholars :
Ph.D: 1; Project SRF: 2; Project JRF: 7
Seminars / Conference / Symposia/ Workshops/Guest lecturers conducted :
- Organized National Seminar on “Natural Resources and Natural Disasters” Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, India during 18 and 19 January 2009.
- Organized “First International Workshop on the Frontiers of Atmospheric Physics and Technology” Yogi Vemana University, Kadapa, India during 20-22 February 2008.
- Around 20 guest lectures were arranged through Yogi Vemana University Physical Society. Recent are as follows:
- Dr. Víctor Lavín, Profesor, Departament of Fundamental and Experimental Physics,UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA “Rare Earth Ions for Luminescent Devices and Applications” on 22.02.2010.
- Dr. Werner Sievers, Professor, Departament of Fundamental and Experimental Physics,UNIVERSITY OF LA LAGUNA “Photonic crystals in microwave applications” on 22.02.2010.
- Dr. Uma Das, Post-doctoral Fellow, National Central University, Taiwan Middle Atmospheric Dynamics on 01.07.2010.
- Dr. Sanat Kumar Das, Post-doctoral fellow, National Atmospheric Research Laboratory, Gadanki Aerosol and Climate Change on 01.07.2010.
- Dr.T.G.K. Murthy, Adviser, DST & DRDO Global Climate Change, during 14-16 July, 2010.
- Shri. Malla Reddy, Managing Director, ASTRA Microwave (P) Ltd., Hyderabad “ How to become a successful Businessman.
- Sri Sanjay Attara, Komoline (P) Ltd., Ahmadabad, New technology for Space studies during 14-16 July 2010.
- Dr. K.V.S. Badarinath, Head, Atmospheric Science Section, National Remote Sensing Centre, Hyderabad “Global distribution of aerosols” on 11.11.2010.
Collborations/Memorandum of Understanding :
- Institution National Central University, Jhongli, Taiwan Purpose is Academic/Research exchange Duration Period 10 years From 21 Oct. 2007.
- Institution Indian Space Research Organization, Bangalore Purpose is Technical support, Instrumentation and Research exchange Duration Period 15 years From 14 Aug. 2008.
- Institution Chang Jung Christian University, Tainan, Taiwan, Purpose is Computational facility and Research exchange Duration Period5 years From 18 Oct. 2008.
- Institution Andhra Pradesh Council of Science and Technology (APCOST), Hyderabad Purpose is Operation, maintenance of Village Information Systems and Technical Support Duration Period 10 years From 25 Dec. 2008.
- Institution Andhra Pradesh State Remote Sensing Applications Centre (APSRAC), Hyderabad Purpose is Generation of Meteorological products, Validation and calibration of Automatic Weather Stations (AWS) Duration Period 5 years From 15 Feb. 2009.
- Institution National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi Purpose isResearch exchange Duration Period From 21 Jan., 2011.
- Institution Space Physics Laboratory, VSSC, Trivandrum Purpose is Research exchange Duration Period From 27 July, 2010.